Guacamole can be served as a dip, used as a spread for sandwiches and wraps. If you are not already in love with Guacamole you will fall in love after you try this recipe.
- 5 avocados peeled, pitted and mash the avocados with a fork
- 1 lime squeezed and juiced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 table spoons of cilantro chopped
- 2 large organic garlic cloves (grate the garlic on a fine setting)
- 1 diced tomato
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Guacamole tastes great right away but if you plan on having
left overs its best to leave 1 or 2 avocado pits in the bowl just to keep the Guacamole from changing color the next day. Then the next day finish of the Guacamole and throw out the pitts.
Serve with chips, pita bread or organic veggies.
Browning Prevention Tips:
- Eat your guacamole quickly:) Not a problem in my house, my family can quickly devour a bowl of Guacamole.
- Squeeze lime juice on top
- Leave an avocado pit in your dip and remove when serving
- When covering your bowl of Guacamole keep the air out by covering the top of your dip. Avocado’s need oxygen to turn brown.