Your little beautiful Baby sleeps on average 14 hours a day. Naturally you are very concerned about the potential harm that can from toxic chemicals found in some mattresses such as PVC, polyurethane foam and toxic flame-retardants. Your Baby’s delicate brain and body can absorb substances from its immediate environment and you want to do your best to reduce all off-gasses from plastic components in mattresses. Crib safety goes beyond wood. Babies need a non-toxic crib mattress to protect them from these harmful toxins. There are a lot of organic options in the marketplace. Here is a list of recommended organic mattress options for you to look into:
- Nook Pebble Pure Mattress Pads, Cloud with a certified organic coconut core
- Bundle-86 Coco Mat Organic Crib Mattress (3 Pieces)
- Naturepedic Quilted Organic Cotton Deluxe Crib Mattress
Please note that even if a mattress is labelled as organic or natural their still might include a vinyl covering or be coated in flame-retardants. You must read the product details carefully before selecting the best mattress for your beautiful baby. An organic chemical free mattress is an investment in your child’s future health. Before purchasing make sure you look for answers to these questions:
- What is this organic crib mattress made of?
- Is the organic crib mattress toxic free?
- Is the organic crib mattress liquid and stain resistant?
- Is the organic crib mattress breathable and comfortable for your child to have a good nights rest?
If you have any questions about an organic crib mattress please leave a comment or let us know if their are any other mattresses you would recommend.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net