- Make your own easy snacks and drinks such as Kale chips, granola bars, organic oatmeal cookies and fresh squeezed orange juice.
- Control your portions and buy in bulk. Calculate portions by weekly consumption and use your freezer for the excess food.
- Buy frozen organic fruits and vegetables especially when they are not in season.
- Eat more beans and lentils and reduce meat consumption
- Buy directly from local organic farmers. You can use this website to look up local farms: www.localharvest.org. Look for the organic farmers.
- Buy non GMO seeds and plant your own garden. Planting herbs is simple use them fresh in season and dry them from for the winter. Having your own herbs is a great way to save money.
More tips to come soon…